The American Indian College Fund received a grant from the Henry Luce Foundation to cultivate research among Tribal College and University (TCU) faculty and adjunct instructors. In 2020, the College Fund will award thirteen (13) one-time professional development grants up to $2,000 to assist TCU faculty member’s attendance/presentation in the faculty member’s field of study at a:
- Regional or national conference
Through conference attendance, TCU faculty will have the opportunity to:
- be informed of current research, issues, and growing trends within their respective fields of study
- provide a unique perspective to broader conversations
- develop research interests, skills, and agenda
- share research and experiences stemming from the TCU context
- cultivate research collaborations, exchanges, and partnerships
- network and foster relationships with non-TCU faculty
- disseminate research with a broader audience
Expenses covered through the professional development grants include:
- Per Diem
- Miscellaneous (examples: airport parking, taxi fare, and tips)
Instructions for applying and file uploads for necessary documents for the professional development grant are provided within this online application. The professional development grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
The College Fund will review applications using the following criteria:
- Faculty member’s ability to strengthen and enhance teaching, knowledge of current research, professional network, and fostering relationships for the development of potential student research/internship opportunities.
- Clearly articulated goals and objectives.
- Strong letter of reference and support from the applicant’s TCU administration.
Please see the following application materials. Do not hesitate to contact Cathy Noland, Faculty Development Program Officer at 303-430-5325 or email@example.com, for further information.